Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I program a new directv remote to control my dish?

My dog chewed my remote. Luckily I have extra remote from downstairs that is for the same type of receiver but is not programmed to control this one. How do I program it so it will control the upstairs receiver?How do I program a new directv remote to control my dish?
Put your remote into whatever mode you need to program (the switch at the top).





Hold down the MUTE (under the volume up and down) and SELECT buttons until the LED light at the top (between AV1 and AV2) blinks twice.





Put in the first code for what you're programming. DirecTV receiver codes are 00001, 00002, 00003, and 00004. Other codes can be found using the link provided. The LED light should flash twice again.





For the receiver, push the menu button. For the TV, check the volume (power doesn't always mean it's programmed properly), for any other component check things like the channel up/down button.





If it works, then go ahead and move on to the next piece. If not, start over again and use any other codes for the equipment.How do I program a new directv remote to control my dish?
Call DirecTV's toll free number and they will walk you through the guided setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment