Monday, February 8, 2010

Can one control their sensitivity from the inside?

I am too sensitive. I have become better at my poker face, but it's not me. I don't let people in or I hurt others so that they don't hurt me. I never get over my sensitivity. I can only mask it. People don't like my sensitivity so what can I do with myself. I can change my perspective. If I change the way I interpret things then my sensitivity will go away?Can one control their sensitivity from the inside?
I personally like and respect sensitive people... they are genuine, serious and dependable.





Unfortunately, they react due to their sensitivity and this insensitive world does not take that in the right spirit... it either ridicules that or takes offense. The result is that sensitive people end up being hardened and rude in behavior expecting all the time some attack on their sensitivity.





In my view, sensitive people must not try to become inherently insensitive... that would be a great disservice to themselves as well as to people who are close to them. Perhaps the answer lies in deliberately improving self-esteem and undermining importance or significance of what others 'say'..... just take note of what others 'do'.... the greatest suffering for the sensitive people is caused by ';the weapon of words'; deliberately or at times inadvertently used by others.





Hope this helps.... good luck!!Can one control their sensitivity from the inside?
You ask a very simple question and then you cover it with many difficult explanations.





Simply put, yes; one can control their sensitivity from the inside.





One should never loose ones sensitivity but one may learn, from the inside, how not to be destroyed by ones sensitivity.





His Holiness XIV Dalai Lama is a good example. His heart (sensitivity) was broken by the Chinese invasion of his country; but, he learned how to take his sensitivity and turn it into a powerful force.





Sensitivity is good. Getting lost in the name of sensitivity is not beneficial.
no modern psychology blieves sensitivity lies more in the domain of our biology then psychology, so its difficult to change . althogh the expression of sensitivity depends on nurture, even though nature is the prime force.
To put up walls does not protect you, it only isolates you.


Try not to take things personally. Work on your self-esteem and learn to have a sense of humor about the world. The strongest soul is the one who can laugh at himself...
You cannot hurt me. You don't have that power. I refuse to personalize anything that you say or do to me.





Physically, you might be able to inflict some pain, however, emotionally you cannot.





As long as we attribute responsibility for our feelings to others, we lose the ability to take control of our emotional lives. Try it by email. Nothing you can say can hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment