Friday, February 12, 2010

How long is too long to take birth control pills?

I've been getting panic attacks for over 15 years but more so when on the pill. I'm 29 and have been on the pill for 9 years. Is that too long? I'm married but do not want kids.How long is too long to take birth control pills?
Disregard greenmay %26amp; cat. They are not up to speed. You can take the pill indefinitely. My sister did for 20 years. She didn't want children either. Talk to your physician. You'll be fine.How long is too long to take birth control pills?
Keep in mind it's a synthetic hormone. There are other ways to prevent pregnancy.
you are normally advised to have a break every 5 years so that your body can have a break and start it's normal functions again. you may not want kids now but you may feel differently in a few years and you'll want to have a healthy enough body to be able to conceive so take a break for 6months-a year and see how you feel after that. your husband can use a condom for the time being, it's a short time considering how long you've been putting chemicals in your body for.





i advise you to do this so that your options are still open for the future. my aunty always said she didnt want kids and now she has 2, the first is 6 and she was conceived when my aunty was 33 and the other is just turning 3 so theres plenty of time left for you to change your mind. it's a personal choice but one you may want to keep an open one just in case because you cant turn back the biological clock.
It's okay to take the pill as long as you want. I've never heard that 5 year thing. I know there are a lot of myths about needing 'pill breaks', but from what I've read, it's not needed and healthy women who don't smoke can safely take it until menopause. Definitely talk to your doctor.





I have panic attacks too, but I think the pill actually helps with my PMS related mood swings which in turn help with the panic, so it's not a problem for me, but it can be for other women. Talk to your doctor about that! Each brand of the pill has a different hormonal make up and can effect each woman differently. For some, Desogen (the pill I'm on) can cause horrible depression, for me it helps, but for others it could be Ortho-Tricyclen that helps, for me it seems to cause headaches.





If you're absolutely sure you don't want kids, why not consider getting a tubal or convincing your husband to get a vastectomy? My fiance is going to get a vasectomy for me, but since the pill helps with my cycle, I'm probably going to stay on hormonal birth control until menopause. Of course, if he gets 'fixed' you won't have to worry about contraceptives for preventing pregnancy...ask him especially if you're not comfortable being on 'the pill' or just don't want to worry about taking it everyday.
If the pills seem to be the culprit, talk to your Dr.





Your hubby could take some responsibility in the prevention of pregnancy ya know.
well usually its recommended that you take a year break after being on the pill for 5 years and then you can go back to it. give your body a rest from the hormones, especially since ure getting more panic attacks i think ure body is trying to tell you something. plus there are many other non hormonal birth control methods out there like intra uterine devices
  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment