Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to control anger while dealing with customers?

Hi how can i be more patient and nice while dealing with customers? I easily get mad when a customer starts to be annoying and what I want to do sometimes is just punch them in their faces. I really like my job and don't want to lose it. I am a very sensitive person as well so it kinda makes it worse.How to control anger while dealing with customers?
I am big on customer service! If I recieve bad service I make sure to let the ';higher-ups'; know as well as my family and friends. If you are a sensitive person maybe there is some underlying issue as to why you are so annoyed. Definitely dont resort to physical violence! You will probably end up in jail, terminated, and/or get your butt kicked by the other person. If you like your job so much you shouldnt be so annoyed. What I do when I am getting agitated with someone is try and remember that you never know what someone may be going through (i.e. divorce, death of a loved, unemployment, abuse).How to control anger while dealing with customers?
It depends on what the say or do to make me mad....sometimes I reply with kindness and this disarms them most of the time. Sometimes I just listen and keep my face neutral. Sometimes I have enough reason to tell them they are wrong; if they insult someone else with a racist remark I flat out tell them I object to what they just said and why. If they are annoying me but they are making a valid request, complaint, or comment, I do not take it personally and try to be professional and do my job...and then try and take a short break; usually m sugar level is low and a quick bite helps my level of patience improve.
I had a customer service job for 15 years. I sucked at customer service when I started it and I still sucked at customer service 15 years later. I think it's a personality issue... you can't really change your basic personality. You can change your behavior but you need a strong motivator to do so. Keeping my job was not a strong enough motivator for me, I finally quit after torturing myself for 15 years because it paid very well.
I know how you feel.


It's really horrible when you go from wanting to punch the customer in the face, to wanting to punch yourself in the face.


Just pretend their as stupid as they make themselves seem and maybe talk to them like thier stupid really slow and stuff, but keep your rudness a secret don't let them know your being rude. But when they conplain to a manager that you were rude its like: How were you being rude? You were just explaining something to them right? :D
Its not Always what you say, its how you say it. It is tough, keep working on your attitude, customers can feel weakness, anger or hostility and will prey on it. Be firm courteous and Professional. If you don't have an answer, find one. Try to avoid B.S.ing too much, because customers are trying to detect lies from your kind. It is an act, master the act and in time you will learn how the people work, or rather how to work the people. Let it roll off, Easier said than done, Good Luck!
When I worked in customer service, I thought of it this way: I am getting paid for my time, so I do not need to get involved. If a customer got mad, it was never at me. It was at the company/business...so, I just had to calm them down. Usually when you listen to a problem, the customer calms down. Then, after you listen, you ask them, HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM FOR YOU. Usually, this does the trick. It is hard not to take things personally. Just remember, they don't know you. They are not commenting on you, so when they are rude to you, understand that it is not you.


Good luck!
i always found it easier to deal with customers when i laugh about them in my head.





but if you have anger issues, you need to do something like landscaping or something where you dont have to deal with customers, some people got it... you dont ;D
There's no way to do it. I tried it, and it doesn't work. It's IMPOSSIBLE! The best way to do it is to just LET IT OUT xDDD





Answer mine:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
take a deep breath and tell them to listen for a moment so you can tell them exactly what is on your mind and how you can assist them.
realize everyone makes mistakes and some people are just plain ignorant but if you're nice you may just make their day.
Just tell yourself that Santa will be bringing a lump of coal next year.
Get a job working with computers.
Lunge! Across the counter, Flying F*cking Headbutt my friend, works evrytime.
Have something to hold on to.





Think of positive thoughts?


Deep breaths?


Think more.
Carry a gun. And make sure they can see it.
  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment