Monday, February 8, 2010

I was just given birth control Cyclen to help control heavy periods?

I am wondering what its effect will be on my current cycle when I started the pill on my fourth day of my period. It seemed to make it lighter, almost none existant immediately, but now after having only the one pill in my system for 22 hours, the pain and clots are back strong. I dont know if this is normal? Any tips?I was just given birth control Cyclen to help control heavy periods?
You probably should have waited until the end of your period to start taking the pills. Of couse, if your doctor told you to start them now, then that is what you should do. When you start birth control pills while on your period, it can throw your system in a state of confusion. Too many hormones telling your natural cycle what to do. You should be ok. I don't think that one pill would be enough to change anything yet, as most birth control pills need a couple weeks time to get built up in your system so that they can be effective. This is why, when starting birth control pills for birth control, it's advised to still use condoms for the first few weeks.I was just given birth control Cyclen to help control heavy periods?
I'd give it until the normal end of your period to decide whether to talk to your doc about this one. For example, if your period usually lasts 7 days, wait until it's been 7 days since the start of your period. You've only been on the pill for a very short time - although it had an immediate effect, it takes some time for the hormones to build up in your system enough to see what the overall effect will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment