Monday, February 8, 2010

What are some programs that will let me control computers on my Wifi network?

I need to transfer files and just be able to control my other computers from the one I'm always at. Thanks a bunch!What are some programs that will let me control computers on my Wifi network?
If you are on the same Local Area Network, standard file transfer via Windows Explorer is all you need.





If you want to control (e.g. operate) the others, and you have XP Pro, all you need to do is use the already in place remote desktop feature if you are on the same LAN.





If you are on different LANS and the LANS are connected via a Virtual Private Network all of the above applies as well.What are some programs that will let me control computers on my Wifi network?
SSH if you use linux, or any other unix like.


VNC if you use linux or windows or mac or anything else with a GUI.

No comments:

Post a Comment