Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What can I do about a lost birth control pill?

A few days ago I managed to drop one of my active birth control pills down the sink. I keep looking for how to handle this situation but every time I find something about missing a pill, it only advises me what to do if I forgot a pill, not lost one completely... What should I do? What can I do about a lost birth control pill?
Finish taking your pills as usual, you'll just enter the off-week a little early. I use the ring, so I don't have to worry about losing or forgetting pills. But birth-control is a little flexible.





Our NATURAL rhythms vary, and for the sake of birth control and artificial control, they just decided to use the even four-weeks as a cycle length. It will not change the effectiveness (as long as you don't skip a dose altogether), it will just shorten your active-pill cycle by one day, and move the day that you start a new pack forward one day as well.What can I do about a lost birth control pill?
Don't worry this will not cause any major problem. Take the last pill of the packet in it's place and then just carry on as normal. This means that you will finish the packet one day early so will start your week gap (or placebos) a day early. Take the usual break (or placebos) and then start you next packet as usual. The only difference will be that you now start your pills on a different day of the week. For example if you always started a new packet on a Monday you will now have to start every packet on a Sunday due to the lost day. One pill out of twenty-one will make no difference and you will still be protected.
Just continue on as normal w/your pack. You might start your period a little early or spot. Use condoms until you get to the next pack.
I don't think you need to worry about one. Two is a different story.
u have to throw the pack away and start a new pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment