Monday, February 8, 2010

Does anyone know of a good primer/oil control to put under Bare Minerals foundation?

I've already tried the Bare Minerals primer which I find to be more of an acne treatment than a primer.








I also put a little bit of the mineral veil after my moisturizer and before my foundation. Then I put the mineral veil after my foundation to set it. If I didn't do my skin would be much more oily.





I've tried a few primers that are supposed to matte the skin, but the Bare Minerals doesn't stick to them very well and I end up having the melting make up problem.





I'm getting married in three weeks and I want flawless skin.





I have combination skin that is acne prone. It tends to be very oily during the day, but if I overload on acne products it peels.


I have to use blotting papers throughout the day.





Please help! Thanks.Does anyone know of a good primer/oil control to put under Bare Minerals foundation?
try ';primetime'; primer by barevitamins, it is made by bare escentuals, also, and works well with bare minerals. it absorbs excess oil, and evens out the skin texture. congrats on the up-coming wedding !Does anyone know of a good primer/oil control to put under Bare Minerals foundation?
I bought Bare Minerals foundation once and even though I have extremely dry skin, I found it got oily and cakey after only a few hours.





Rather than ';fixing'; your foundation, why not look for a foundation that doesn't turn so oily? Stila makes a great lightweight foundation and there are a ton of other good ones out there. Obviously, it sounds like you still have oily skin to contend with, but I bet the Bare Minerals stuff is adding to the problem.





ps: I just read your note. I liked the coverage, too (it looked amazing in the store) but I just couldn't take the greasiness after a couple hours. Have you ever tried L'Oreal's ReFinish Microdermabrasion stuff? It's about $20 and really makes my makeup go on smoothly and might help your oily skin.
As a primer you should try Lumene Beauty base .It is a face make up base for all skintypes ,lumene is also a great line because all the ingrediants are natural , and other lines have chemicals that may be causing your oily problem, if you find this isnt working , on your wedding day you should try blotting your face just once (pre-makeup) and go to your local beauty store and ask them for a Silicone primer , Silicone primers do an excellent job at keepin everything in place (including your skin) and should also to the trick of keeping your natural oils at bay. Good luck on your day and Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment