Monday, February 8, 2010

What would happen if I started taking birth control before my next period?

The doctor just gave me birth control on Wednesday. He said to wait til the Friday after my period to start taking it. I don't want to wait to start using it. Would anything happen ( like it not work) if I start taking it before my period instead?What would happen if I started taking birth control before my next period?
Do what your doctor said. If you start taking it too early it might be out of sync with your menstruation and then it might take a month or two to get into sync. Birth control pills not only prevent unwanted births, they also put you on a perfect 28 day cycle. You should take them for a month before having unprotected sex anyway to be sure they are working for you.What would happen if I started taking birth control before my next period?
It's possible you could be fine and just alter your cycle a bit, however, when you are first starting out, it's safest to do what your doctor tells you so you won't mess up your cycle or accidentally get pregnant. He told you to wait for a reason.
I know with my birth control, she told me to take it the day I started my period. If you do this and plan on having sex, you are immediately protected (not 100%) but none the less protected.
It might mess with your current hormone levels. Follow your doctor's directions and use protection/ remain abstinent until you start the pill.
No, it'll just mess up your menstrual cycle for a little while.
you will spot when you have your normal period then again on the assigned days
yes it wont work
  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment