Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How long after I stop taking my birth control should I get my period?

I was on the pill for over 3 years. I used my last pack back in the beginning of Sept and got my period like I regularly would but I haven't gotten my period since. I've been using condoms when having sex so I should not be pregnant but should I see a doctor? I'm not sure what the normal length for getting it after your off the pill is?How long after I stop taking my birth control should I get my period?
Going off hormonal birth control can really mess up your menstrual cycle. Your body has to figure out how to regulate itself now, and that can take some time. It seems to me that you've gone one cycle without a period; that isn't anything to be too alarmed about.





If you've only been using condoms and are still worried, you could always try an at-home pregnancy test. Condoms aren't as effective as the pill, so there IS a chance you're pregnant. If I had to guess, though, I'd say it was just a hormonal adjustment.How long after I stop taking my birth control should I get my period?
Getting off birth control can have quite an effect on your hormones and can cause your period to be irregular for a while. However, I would still expect a period basically on schedule, and definitely within 6 weeks of discontinuing the pill. If you don't get a period after 28 days and there is a possibility you could be pregnant, take a pregnancy test as a precaution. If you're not pregnant and don't continue your period after 2 cycles, visit a doctor.
I don't know for sure about the pill but, I stopped taking the depo provera shot a little over a year ago and my periods are still messed up. Some months I have one and some I don't. At one time I even went four months in a row without one. And I was only on the shot for a little over a year. So, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, you can always take a home pregnancy test just to be on the safe side if it will make you feel better.
  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment