Monday, February 8, 2010

Can anyone explain how to work the remote control for the TV?

My husband has gone to the match and I'm on my own in the house for a couple of hours and I've found the TV pages and Diet Doctors is on channel 5.





I'm OK with the button on the TV so I've managed to get it to turn on but I can't figure out how to get it off the Sports Channel.





Can anyone help?Can anyone explain how to work the remote control for the TV?
Just step away from the Remote and read a book.Can anyone explain how to work the remote control for the TV?
Model of TV? Model of remote?


You really think we're all telepathic here.





Here is a guess. Let's suppose you have Sky and are trying to use a Sky remote to control the TV. Assuming that your husband has set up the remote to work both Sky and the TV, then what you have to do is press the TV button on the remote, then press 5.


Alternatively, press Sky, then press 105.





But there a hundred other possible combinations.
If you have cable and a cable box, that is what controls what you watch. The TV set goes on a certain channel, normally channel 3 here, and stays there. The cable control box does all the rest and may or may not be controlled by the same remote. I can not turn on the TV unless the cable box is on.
Don't feel bad about your confusion Louise... It used to be a source of real amusement in our family that I was a BBC videotape engineer and I couldn't set the timer on our VHS to make a recording!!!





As someone else has said - if you have a SKY/VIRGIN/FREEVIEW box then the Tv remote is nothing more than a glorified on off switch - because all the channel changing is done by the decoder box.





So find where he has hidden the ';other'; remote and bingo you should be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment