Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How long after you stopped being on birth control did you get a proper period again?

I've been off the pill for over 7 weeks now and still haven't had a proper period yet. I have been TTC and done a preg test but it was negative.





Thanks.How long after you stopped being on birth control did you get a proper period again?
I was on the pill, had my ';week off'; of the pill so I had a period and then took about another week of pills. I then stopped taking the pill as my husband and I decided to TTC, about 2 days after I stopped I had a period. I didn't know if it was a real period or if it was just bleeding because I stopped taking the pill. Anyway I thought it was just bleeding. But it turned out to be a real period and we got pregnant right away!! Right now I am 13 weeks pregnant. The first day of my ';bleeding'; was July 11. So anyway for me it was right away. I have heard though that sometimes it takes up to like 6 months for your cycle to get back to normal. Good luck!How long after you stopped being on birth control did you get a proper period again?
i was regular straight away, but i have a friend that had been bleeding on and off a lot since. some women take several months. just depends on your body. where you regular before going on the pill? i was, my friend wasn't. good luck.
i've been off the pill for 11 weeks and still havent had a period.


it can take months for your period to show up, if your worried see your doctor, they can prescribe you pills that will help your period start.
When I came off the pill it took 47 days before I ovulated, and 55 days total before I got my period. It can take a while for your cycle to regulate again,

No comments:

Post a Comment