Friday, February 12, 2010

How do i get a hold of birth control at age 17 in the state of NJ?

I am recently sexually active and i always use protection, but I know that's not enough assurance for me so I want to start to use birth control. I don't know if i have to see a doctor or if i could avoid that and just walk into a pharmacist and ask. I am not sure of the laws so if someone ould just inform me of about them, I'll be grateful.How do i get a hold of birth control at age 17 in the state of NJ?
You will need to see a doctor to get a prescription for BC, you have no worry of the doc telling anyone since it falls under patient confidentiality. A good doctor will ask you to take a pap test first to make sure you are completely healthy, and will discuss with you the best option out there for your situation/body type.How do i get a hold of birth control at age 17 in the state of NJ?
i live in nj and im 18 and on birth control...i didnt see a private doctor..i went to a place called Family Planning and they gave it to me..just call them and set up an appiontment..its easy!...JUST BECAREFUL OUT THERE...
planned parenthood.. they go over std's different forms of birth control and condoms.. plan B if you would need it and testing and regular yearly care.
It's built in, called abstinence try it!
well im 15 and in my town theres a family health care clinic and i just set up an appt. and went and filled out papers and they dont tell my parents or anything and i get birth control so maybe see if theres a health care clinic where you live?
look up the local planned parenthood, or health clinic. They will do a physical and talk to you about what birth control is the best for you and about STD's. They will not tell you parents
Make yourself a doctors appointment. You should have a full check up before starting any birth control. It's also a good thing to find out all of your choices before deciding which you will use. Also do an on line search on different ones to see what people are saying about them don't go just by your doctor they don't always tell you all of the possible side effects.


Personally I wouldn't recommend Depo I had very bad reactions from it.
It is best to go to the doctor, and still a good idea to use extra protection for STD';S such as a condom, but you should go to the doctor for your health and what is best for your body. Any birth control is by prescription only, other than the condom
contact planned parenthood





www.plannedparenthood.org

No comments:

Post a Comment