Monday, February 8, 2010

How much does it cost for the birth control pill?

Me and my high school sweet heart decided to get back together after seven years. There's a definite chance that we are going to have sex as time goes on. We don't want to have kids, especially in this f**ked up economy, so I'm playing it safe by going on the pill. I have no insurance, I was wondering how much it would cost? Are there any side effects, or any interactions with antidepressants (I'm on Lexapro)? I wonder if a free clinic can cut me a deal?How much does it cost for the birth control pill?
I would try a free clinic first of all. I have tried them myself, but got a lot of hassle as I am on my late twenties, married, have a job, but I can't get health insurnace because I am self-employed and have a pre-existing condition that will not allow me to get health insurance. They denied me a free visit, as I am over the salary cut off. I had called a doctor and offered to pay cash, and they said no, that I have to have insurance because it can get expensive. So, I was stuck in a spot where I needed birth control, but with no means to get it. So, I went to the internet and found that you can actually order birth control online without a prescription, from a few licensed pharmacies. I did a lot of research before I purchased it, but found that they are actually licensed and certified and all their medications come from actual pharmacies in the united states and their team of doctors are licensed in the US as well. I got it the next day with the overnight shipping and the prices were not too bad, considering that I didn't have to pay to see a doctor as well.





I got it from here:


http://howtogetbirthcontrol.net/





Here is a link to the Lexapro site where they discuss which medications may interact with Lexapro.





http://www.lexapro.com/about_lexapro/other_medications.aspx





Best of LuckHow much does it cost for the birth control pill?
You can try a free clinic, but the ones in my area aren't so understanding. I don't have insurance either, so I have to pay a good bit each month for my BC. I am on Nuva Ring, which is more expensive than most BCs, but I was on Mircette before (Kariva-generic), and it was around $40.00 without insurance. I doubt you'll come across one that's much less than that price. My doctor purposefully prescribed Mircette for me because it was cheaper and has a generic. I ended up having to change because of problems with the pill, so I'm on Nuva Ring now, and I love it. It's expensive, but worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment