Saturday, February 6, 2010

What is the best age to start Birth Control?

I was wondering what is the best age to start Birth Control. I know all the facts so I don't need those. I just want the age you guys think is the best age to start Birth Control.





Please Help.What is the best age to start Birth Control?
I don't think there is an ';age'; you should start-- I think it depends on why you want to take it. If you are having sex, then definitely.What is the best age to start Birth Control?
Okay, contrary to the other believes of the people who answered, a woman should have her period when she starts birth control. Therefore, if she is ready at puberty, emotionally and physically (breasts, period, pubic hair), she can consider expressing her sexuality.





Girls as young as 11 or 12 want to start birth control when they haven't even become a ';woman,'; so to speak.





Now, if you are that age, and you want to engage in sexual relations, you should be properly protected which means a condom and/or a form of other contraceptive.





ALSO, you should give your body some leeway to get accustomed to all the hormonal changes a woman experiences when beginning her period. I would say, at least a year to two years before starting birth control. It messes with your cycle, and a lot of the brands cause some serious side effects for some women. You should talk to your doctor about which PILL is the best for you - considering family history and everything.





Remember, if you are 16, you are probably going to be taking the pill until you are twenty something, so that's quite a few years. If you are 13...that's a lot of years.





So, remember to make the right choices and consider everything carefully before you make a decision.
There's not a 'best' age. The time to start is when you are having sex %26amp; want to prevent pregnancy. Birth control covers various methods, %26amp; one should always use some form of protection for health %26amp; sanity's sake. However, I assume you are talking about the pill which can be taken safely by most women shortly after menstruation begins.
It depends why.


I'm almost 19 and have just started taking BC due to becoming sexually active.


My best friend started taking the combined pill aged..16 because her periods were painful. If a girl under 16 wants BC because she's sexually active I guess she SHOULD have it but I don't believe she should be having sex at that age.
I agree. There is no ';best'; age when to start the pill. It depends on what you need it for. If you are or are thinking of having sex you should start it. The pill can also be used to clear up skin, regulate periods, or alleviate heavy bleeding and cramps. If you have any of these you can start the pill whether you are 11 or 21.
I started when I was 14 because my periods were VERY heavy and lasted for almost two weeks.





I didn't become sexually active until I was 16, so then I used it for my periods and for birth control.





Kinda depends on your situation
i would say whenever u start having sex, or whenever u get your period.
When you start having sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment