Monday, February 8, 2010

How can I postpone my period with my birth control?

I've been on birth control for quite a while now, and this Sunday is the start of the placebo pills which means I will get my period next week, and I absolutely CANNOT get my period next week. I need to be period free for at least Wednesday and Thursday and I can't go to the doctors to get a pill that stops your period.





Would I be able to skip my period if I went straight to next months pack and not take the placebo pills?


I'm crossing my fingers that I can do it that way!How can I postpone my period with my birth control?
Your body has a period for a reason.


Don't mess with your hormones, and chemistry more than you all ready are.


Please be aware of how a birth control pill works, and that our bodies function how they do for a reason.





How the pill works.


';Oral contraceptives are made from artificial steroids that mimic the effects of estrogen and progesterone. The Pill works by:





Suppressing the release of hormones that trigger ovulation;


Stimulating production of thick cervical mucus, which prevents sperm survival and ability to travel to a ripe egg in the fallopian tube in the event that ovulation does occur;


Disrupting the ability of the cilia (whip-like cells that line the fallopian tube) to move a fertilized egg toward the uterus in the event that conception does occur;


Preventing buildup of the uterine lining, and thereby inhibiting implantation of a fertilized egg in the event that one arrives in the uterus. ';





Know your risks FIRST.


';In The Breast Cancer Prevention Program, Sam Epstein, MD, writes, ';more than 20 well-controlled studies have demonstrated the clear risk of premenopausal breast cancer with the use of oral contraceptives. These estimates indicate that a young woman who uses oral contraceptives has up to ten times the risk for developing breast cancer as does a non-user, particularly if she uses the Pill during her teens or early twenties; if she uses the Pill for two years or more; if she uses the Pill before her first full-term pregnancy; if she has a family history of breast cancer.'; Thus, a woman who takes the Pill for two years before she鈥檚 25 and before she鈥檚 had a pregnancy to term increases her risk of breast cancer tenfold.





A study conducted by the World Health Organization found that women who carry the human papilloma virus (HPV) and who have taken the Pill for five to nine years are nearly three times more likely than non-Pill users to develop cervical cancer.7 (HPV affects a third of all women in their twenties.) Women with HPV who鈥檝e taken the Pill for more than ten years are four times more likely than non-users to develop the disease. ';


';Rethinking Reproductive Health';


westonaprice. org/ women/ reprod-health.html


[Y!Answer gave me an error when I posted the link, thats why there are spaces.]How can I postpone my period with my birth control?
Just skip the week of placebos and go straight on to the next pack. You may have some light spotting, but it will not be like a regular period at all. I personally have done it many times, and doctors generally agree that it's safe. In fact, my doctor recently told me to keep taking the hormone pills continuously for 6 months at a time without taking the placebos.





I think you'll be fine delaying your period for one week.
It's not a wise thing to do. If you don't take the placebos, and just start the next month's pills, you won't have a period. However, letting tissue build up in your uterus is a dangerous thing to do. If you can't pass it all, you may need a D and C to get it all out.
It depends on what kind of birth control you are prescribed. On most pills you can go straight to the next pack of pills and not take the placebo pills and you will not have your period that week. Your birth control should still be effective on any pill type birth control that you might try this with. But, you may have some spotting in between then and your next period if your birth control is not designed for skipping periods. As for it being damaging, I do not believe that it is. I do know that there are some types of pills that you can be prescribed so that your period occurs less frequency. When I asked if women needed to have their period every month the particular nurse that I was talking to told me that because we have ways to be protected from STD's as well as more medical knowledge, there is no reason on why a female's body has to shed the uterine lining every month. The reason why the body will shed the uterine lining approximately every month is to prevent infections and other diseases from occurring as well as to provide a more suitable enviornment for a embryo to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment